Top ways to beat the January Blues
January can be a tough month with bills to pay and the lull after Christmas but if you’re looking for places to visit that are beautiful, inspiring and free then look no further.
The National Botanic Garden Wales
The National Botanic Garden Wales is free to visit throughout January 2011! All January you can visit the garden free of charge, with a host of events running throughout the month. Don’t worry you can stay nice & warm as they’re all undercover in the Great Glasshouse so enjoy a visit to the UK No 1 winter wonderland according to garden writer Stephen Anderton.
Free events at the garden include:
- Wine Weekend – 15 & 16 January
- Woodcraft Weekend – 22 & 23 January
- Food Fair – 29 & 30 January
- Learn how to grow your own garden – 29 January
The Best of the Rest
In fact there are lots of places to visit in Wales which are free, here’s our top 5 free attractions:
- Big Pit
- Brecon Beacons National Park
- National Museum Cardiff
- Oriel Y Parc in Pembrokeshire
- St Fagan’s: National History Museum